Three traditional cottages, built during late 1700's, with a total of eight rooms.
The recent history of Copsa Mare
Guesthouses started in 2005 when the Bassetti family discovered the beautiful village of Copsa Mare and decided to carefully restore a few old Saxon residences.
All houses have been restored according to
the traditional architecture, decorated with
local furniture and provided with the
comfort of modernlifestyle. They feature
the typical curved tile roof and nicely decorated facades painted in pastel colors. Their architecture and layout follows the local rules on the use of the land that
hasn't changed since the middle ages.
The Yellow House has two independent
suites with their own living room and
veranda with direct access to the garden.
It is also the building in which the reception,
the dining room and the 'public' facilities are
located. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch
and dinner in the beautifully decorated
The White House is located near to the
Orthodox Church and it has two double and
two twin rooms. A beautiful living room
with a fire place, a fully equipped kitchen
and private garden complete the amenities
available to guests.
The Red House - perfect for a family of
four - is located in the vicinity of the
fortified (Lutheran) church and it offers
beautiful views of the church's tower.
Amenities include two large bedrooms,
a kitchen, a dining room and a big veranda
with direct access to the garden.
The rooms in Copsa Mare Guesthouses have
private bathrooms and are beautifully
furnished with traditional Saxon furniture.
Visit to the local Orthodox Church - glass
icons collection, horse cart riding, trekking,
cycling, picnic, tea in the forest, truffle
hunt with cooking classes, visit to local
food producers (bread, fruit preserves,
cheese), visits to local artisans, hiking in
the beautiful Breate Sighisoara Nature
Reserve (century-old oak forests).
Guesthouse Website: www.copsamare.ro